The mission of SAFE Haven for Cats is to use no-kill principles and education to save cats’ lives through rescue, adoption, spay/neuter services and community programs.
To be the industry leader in ending euthanasia to control animal population and eliminate pet homelessness.
SAFE Haven for Cats believes:
- Every animal and human at SAFE Haven is an individual being with personality, feelings, intrinsic worth and value. As such, they will be treated with respect and care in a non-judgmental, safe environment.
- We will always exist as a 501(c)(3) no-kill organization and strive to find homes for every adoptable, treatable and recoverable cat we take.
- Community volunteers are a vital part of our success and we acknowledge and celebrate their contributions.
- Affordable sterilization, community education and trap/neuter/return are proven methods to stop euthanasia as a means of population control for companion animals.
- We will not adopt out an animal before sterilization.
- We will not euthanize an animal except in the case of illness, injury or other condition from which they cannot recover, and then only by lethal injection.
- Partnering, collaborating and advocating with other organizations and government agencies increases our ability to benefit these animals and save lives.