SAFE Haven for Cats is very proud to provide our Pet Food Pantry to help needy families supplement their pet’s food.
Economic reasons account for approximately 25% of the pets surrendered to local shelters. Over the course of a year, this could add up to several hundred animals.
The Pet Food Pantry relies on support from the community to help collect food to support our mission. Sponsoring a food drive can be easy and fun! Encourage your friends, family, company, church, school or neighborhood to get involved and participate.
What to Donate: Nutritious, non-perishable pet foods! Our Wish List has the most needed foods and items.
Delivery & Dropoff: You can deliver your food collection to the shelter. In order to save our resources, we ask that you deliver if at all possible. If you’re unable to arrange a drop off, please contact our Pantry Manager to arrange a pick up (48 hours notice required.)
The Shelter is open for donations 7 days a week, 9am – 5pm
Shelter Location: 8431-137 Garvey Drive, Raleigh, NC 27616-3267
Learn more about our Pet Pantry here – http://www.safehavenpfp.org/
APPLY FOR PET FOOD ASSISTANCE
- Reduce the number of dogs and cats taken to the shelter.
- Reduce the number of animals euthanized due to overcrowded shelters.
- Preserve the loving relationship pet owners share with their pets.
- Relieve people of the emotional stress of not being able to provide for their pets.
This program is intended to provide temporary, supplemental assistance for up to three months. Applicants can reapply in six months if their circumstances have not changed. If you need help feeding your pets, cats and/or dogs, please consider applying for assistance rather than giving them up.
Applicants must meet the following qualifications:
- Only one applicant per household
- Be at least 18 years old or older
- Spay or neuter all cats and dogs by the time food is distributed
- Cannot acquire additional animals while in the program
- Limit of six pets per household
- Demonstrate a clear financial need for assistance.
- Present a photo ID.
More information can be found by visiting www.safehavenpfp.org.