The Adoption Counselor is responsible for finding good homes for cats at the shelter and at off-site adoption events, while creating a positive experience for prospective adopters.
The ideal candidate will be outgoing and personable, have strong customer service skills and experience with cats. Please contact Sherri Orner if interested in this volunteer position.
- Actively reaching out to and interacting with the general public, specifically talking with prospective adopters to find out what they are looking for in a pet.
- Interacting with/getting to know the animals and talking with prospective adopters about them to ensure the best possible match.
- Providing high-quality customer service to people who visit or call SAFE Haven.
- Helping people through the adoption process, sharing information about animal care and behavior, reviewing adoption applications, interviewing applicants in a conversational way and communicating with the applicant with a courteous and friendly attitude.
- Following up on adoptions by email and/or phone once the animal has been placed in the new home.
- Working courteously and cooperatively with other volunteers and staff.