We value our SAFE Haven volunteers and thank them every day.
Except for nine full-time, paid positions, volunteers complete all the tasks involved in running the shelter and getting the cats and kittens ready for adoption.
- Volunteers work at SAFE Haven every day. Anyone age 16 or older who has a compassionate heart and a few hours a month can volunteer at SAFE Haven.
- SAFE Haven provides a safe and pleasant environment.
- We house the cats in unique community housing rooms and in roomy, open-sided cat enclosures providing a 360-degree view of them—and they have one of you, too! Two large playrooms are available for one-on-one visits with the cats.
- SAFE Haven has an excellent safety record, and volunteers are always under supervision while at the shelter. SAFE Haven is inspected annually and is licensed by the NC Department of Agriculture, Veterinary Division.
- Personal tour of the shelter
- Training and supervision
- Refreshments provided at all times
- All appropriate equipment as needed
- Weekly email update on adoptions and volunteer needs
- A great hands-on experience
- Social activities
- And the CATS!