- This event has passed.
DONATE: Auction for the Cats
September 9, 2017 @ 9:00 am - October 31, 2017 @ 5:00 pm
DONATE ITEMS – September 9 through October 31
- SAFE Haven for Cats – (919) 582-7834, firstname.lastname@example.org, safehavenforcats.org
- Raleigh Auction: (919) 790-2251, email@example.com, Raleighauction.com,
Get a jump on your Holiday shopping! Are you Downsizing? Kids don’t want your treasures? Well we do – for the cats! Please donate to our annual Auction for the Cats.
We are looking for the coolest, hottest, vintage stuff to auction off for the cats. We are collecting items now through the end of October. A tax deduction receipt is available. You can drop items off at:
|Raleigh Auction and Estate Sales*
2621 Rowland Drive, Raleigh, 27615
October 3 through 31
*call first at 919 790-2251
|SAFE Haven for Cats
8431-137 Garvey Drive
Raleigh, NC 27616
September 9 through October 29
|· Mon. – Thur., Oct. 2-5, 10 am – 4 pm
· Mon. – Thur., Oct. 9-12, 10 am – 4 pm
· Sat. Oct. 14 – 11 am – 2 pm
· Sun., Oct. 15, 1 – 3 pm
· Mon. – Thur., Oct. 16-19, 10 am – 4 pm
· Mon. – Fri., Oct. 23-26, 10 am – 4 pm
· Sat., Oct. 28, 11 am – 2 pm
· Sun., Oct. 29, 1 – 3 pm
|· Monday-Friday, 9 am-5:00pm
· Saturdays, 11:00-5:00pm
· Sundays, 11:00-5:00pm
*The nature of the auction business sometimes requires activities to change quickly. We will make every effort to be here during the posted hours. However, we suggest you call first to confirm any time changes. Call 919-790-2251. If you have large/heavy items, we suggest you bring helpers!
Due to limited space at SAFE Haven, we suggest you take larger items directly to Raleigh Auction and Estate Sales.
ITEMS WE NEED! Help us raise the most money possible to save lives.
Hot Items –
Mid Century Modern Furniture
- Dressers and chests – crazy popular right now with DIYers!
- Small tables, end tables, night stands – to be redone with chalk or milk paints!
- Vintage toys, metal banks and Disneyana
- Vintage advertising signs: Shell Oil Company, etc.
- Pyrex from the 50’s, 60’s, & 70’s
- Salvage: door knobs, wire light fixtures, drawer pulls
- Ornate mirrors and frames
- French provincial vanity or dresser
- Kitchen or bar carts
Cool Vintage Stuff
- Schwinn bikes
- Rotary phones
- Hat boxes
- Vintage typewriters and radios
- Metal lunch boxes
- Schoolroom maps
- Vintage Samsonite suitcases
- Vintage dinette sets from the 1950’s
- Advertising tins
- Military collectibles and memorabilia
- Hat boxes
Glassware and Kitchen
- Flow Blue dishes
- Hazel Atlas glasses
- Enamelware pots
- Cobalt blue glassware
- Fiesta ware
- Depression glass
- Salt & Pepper sets
- Mason jars
- Royal Albert tea sets
- Waterford Crystal
- Sterling Silver
- Cocktail rings
- Pocket watches
- Perfume bottles
- Vintage costume
Appliances (less than 2 years old please)
- Flat screen TV
- Washer & dryer
- Stainless Steel refrigerator
Cat Themed Stuff
- Laurel Burch
- Books about cats
- Do you have a car to donate?
- A motorcycle?
We appreciate the offer of more “yard sale” type items and encourage people to have yard sales on their own to benefit the cats. The suggested items above are those the professionals in the auction business have advised us will be the most helpful in raising funds for the cats. If you have any items you want to donate to the auction and are unsure about them, please don’t hesitate to call or email us to ask. We will be happy to talk to you!
Pick-Up – As a small organization, our resources are limited so it would be much appreciated if you are able to drop your item(s) off at one of the places listed above.
Items to Avoid – Phones, wedding dresses, stuffed animals, clothes & shoes, bedding & linens, rugs, pots & pans, mugs, tote bags, small household appliances, coffee makers, toaster ovens, can openers, baseball cards, file cabinets and office furniture, printers and older technology, electronics: TV’s, boom boxes, CD/DVD players, speakers, entertainment centers, books (except first edition), household appliances: washer/dryers, refrigerators, stoves (except new or less than 2 years old), and microwaves, exercise equipment, Christmas decorations (except vintage), futons, upholstered/leather sofas and chairs.