- This event has passed.
Rabies and Microchip Clinic
March 11, 2017 @ 12:00 pm - 2:00 pmFree
Thanks to a grant from BISSELL Pet Foundation, we will be offering 110 free rabies vaccines and 33 free microchips. Come by the shelter to get yours!
These vaccines and microchips will be given away on a first come, first served basis. After the first 110 rabies shots and 33 microchips are given away, rabies shots will be $5, and microchips will be $15.
Rabies is a dangerous and infectious disease that is transferred between mammals via saliva. It’s most common in wild animals, but those animals can spread the disease to pets and people. Luckily, rabies in pets is easily preventable with regular vaccinations.
Microchipping buys you the peace of mind that your pet will never become a stray. This quick procedure inserts a small chip below the surface of your pet’s skin and allows them to be scanned by animal control and veterinarians when they get lost. Microchips are essential to pet care because you never know when your pet might make a run for it.
The Clinic is held at 8431-137 Garvey Drive in Raleigh.
Things to Know:
- Owners (adults only) must bring cats in carriers and dogs on leashes, along with their pet’s most recent vaccination certificate (a tag is not sufficient).
- If an animal has been previously vaccinated, proof will be required in order to receive a 3-year vaccination.
- Animals without such proof will receive a 1-year vaccination.
- Free vaccines and microchips will be given away on a first come, first served basis.
- After the free microchips and rabies shots are given away, rabies shots will be $5, and microchips will be$15.
Questions? Please contact our clinic at 919.872.7233 or email@example.com