- This event has passed.
WRAL’s Clear The Shelters
August 19, 2017 @ 10:00 am - 6:00 pm
For the second year in a row, we’re teaming up with WRAL and shelters around the Triangle for a very special adoption event: Clear the Shelters! Join us Saturday, Aug. 19 from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. when we’re waiving ALL adoption fees! With so many cats needing loving homes, our goal is to give every single cat in our shelter a home by the end of the day. Now let’s get these cats some homes – find a furry friend to join your family!
Visit our Meet the Cats page to preview all the cats available for adoption – https://www.safehavenforcats.org/adopt/meet-the-cats/
SAFE Haven for Cats is Raleigh’s no-kill cat shelter and low-cost spay/neuter clinic. Founded in 1994, its mission is to use no-kill principles and education to save cats’ lives through adoption, spay/neuter services and community programs. SAFE Haven has orchestrated the adoptions of more than 7,200 cats and kittens and spayed or neutered over 20,000 animals in our clinic.
This is part of WRAL’s Clear the Shelters event which is a nation-wide effort to find homes for every shelter animal. Nearly 700 shelters across the country are teaming up with NBC Owned Television Stations and Telemundo for Clear the Shelters, a nationwide pet adoption drive on Saturday, August 19 that helps find loving homes for animals in need. Over 50,000 pets found their forever homes in 2016.
Join in the fun of the day!
- Visit cleartheshelters.com to access more information about Clear the Shelters, including the full list of local participating animal shelters
- A real-time pet “Adoption Tracker” – posted on com – will record the total number of pets that are adopted across all participating markets
- Use the hashtag #ClearTheShelters to follow the effort on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram. Spanish-language viewers can use the hashtag #DesocuparLosAlbergues
- Watch for Facebook LIVE and Instagram LIVE videos leading up to the event and all day long
- Use the Clear the Shelters themed Snapchat filters on August 19.