Saturday, August 17 is Clear the Shelters a nationwide event sponsored by NBC and its affiliates all across the United States. We are all united in one cause – to empty all our shelters of adoptable pets in one day!
SAFE Haven is one of the selected shelters and to find as many homes for stray cats as we can, all adoption fees will be waived for this one day only! We will also be opening at 10 a.m. and staying open till 6 p.m.
It is going to be a busy day. Here are some things you need to know:
- Prepare for the heat. We will only be able to allow a certain number of people into our shelter at a time. We’ll have tents and chairs set up outside our shelter and are providing water throughout the day. We will also have free snacks and games for the kids.
- When you arrive, we will have volunteers on hand to help you fill out an adoption interest survey, answer your questions and get you in the “queue” to visit the cats.
- You must be 21 years or older to adopt.
- Bring a plastic carrier if you have one; a top-loading carrier is best, but not required. No cardboard carriers or soft-side luggage-type carriers please. All cats must leave in a plastic carrier. We have them for sale also.
- The adoptions on Clear the Shelters day will be made on a first-come, first-served basis. But don’t worry – we have lots of wonderful cats available throughout the day.
- We cannot hold any cats/kittens on Clear the Shelters day. All adoptees must leave the shelter that same day at the time of adoption.
- Although we are waiving our adoption fees for Clear the Shelters, we do have cat toys and supplies available for purchase. In addition, we welcome your donations. We take cash, checks and all major credit cards.
- The staff and volunteers at SAFE Haven for Cats are here to help you find your next wonderful, furry family member. We want to give everyone the individual attention they need. Your patience and courtesy are much appreciated!
Countdown to Clear the Shelters 2019