We offer affordable options for your cat or small dog.
The SAFE Care Feline Spay/Neuter Clinic provides spaying and neutering services to cats, kittens and small dogs. We can sterilize dogs weighing between four and 15 pounds.
Notice: If you have found an animal that needs immediate medical attention, please take it to an emergency animal hospital. We do not provide any emergency or wellness care through the SAFE Care Feline Spay/Neuter Clinic.
Cats and Small Dogs – $85
Too expensive? Find out how we can help manage your cat-care costs.
The fee is per animal* and includes:
- Spaying or neutering.
- Physical examination.
- Rabies and distemper vaccinations.
- Ear cleaning.
- Nail trimming.
- Pre-op pain medication.
*Additional charges apply for the services noted below.
These charges and services are available only to spay/neuter clients at the time of the appointment. They include treatment of the following conditions and feline health care services:
- FeLV and FIV testing – $25 per cat (Recommended for all cats and kittens)
- Heartworm testing for dogs – $15 (Recommended for all dogs over 5 months of age)
- Microchipping – $25 per animal, which includes a prepaid, lifetime registration with Found Animals Microchip Registry
- Feline leukemia vaccine – $20 per cat (Recommended for any cat or kitten that goes outdoors)
- Treatment for fleas, intestinal worms and ear mites with Revolution® – $15 per cat (one month supply) or $70 per cat (six month supply)
- Treatment for fleas with ParaDefense™ – $9 per cat (one month supply) or $30 per cat (four month supply)
- Heartworm prevention and treatment for roundworms and hookworms with Iverhart Plus® – $6 per dog (one month supply) or $30 (six month supply)
- Flea and tick prevention with Frontline Gold® – $17 per dog (one month supply) or $45 (three month supply)
SAFE Care Feline Spay/Neuter Clinic accepts the following vouchers:
- AnimalKind’s $20 Fix
- Friends of Animals Voucher
- Operation Catnip
- We also offer low cost events throughout the year – see our event calendar
SAFE Care Feline Spay/Neuter Clinic provides humane traps for rent. There is a cash-only, refundable trap deposit of $20. Please contact our clinic administrator at 919.872.7730 to rent a trap.
Payment is required at drop-off in the morning. We accept cash, check or credit card (Visa®, MasterCard®, Discover®, and American Express® only).