Message from Our Founder and President
Dear SAFE Haven family,
I always enjoy writing our Spring Newsletter because it gives me the opportunity to report back to you (our most cherished supporters) on our lifesaving progress for the first seven months of our fiscal year (July 1, 2022-January 31, 2023) thanks to YOU!
The Great News Is:
- The expansion of SAFE Haven and SAFE Care (completed mid-2020) is working to save many more lives, just the way we planned.
- We are adopting nearly 114 cats per MONTH! In the last seven months we have adopted 797 cats! This is remarkable considering just six years ago we were adopting 825 for the entire year!
- We are spaying and neutering 550 cats and 40 dogs a MONTH in the SAFE Care low cost spay/neuter clinic. We will sterilize over 7,000 this year.
- Pet Food Pantry distributions to needy cats and dogs are up 15%.
- Volunteers are the lifeblood of our organization, donating over $427K per year in service. I just counted the volunteers from last week – there were 131 people volunteering h here in the last seven days!
- The sterilization of feral cats in the SAFE Care Clinic continues to be a priority. Over 1,600 were trapped and came through the clinic in the last seven months.
But these facts are for your head. And although they are important and demonstrate our impact, we all work with, volunteer for, support and adopt from SAFE Haven because of our hearts. Because of the love we have for animals and our desire to see them safe, well fed, warm, and loved. That is what SAFE Haven is really about—love. Thank you for expressing that love in everything you do for the kitties.
With much gratitude for you,
Founder & President
P.S. And to warm your heart check out the transformative cat stories on pages 3-4.