Pet Food PantrySpread the Word
Pet Food PantrySpread the Word
Help us spread the word by hosting a Pet Food Drive and sharing with friends and social media
Hungry pets need YOUR help!
The Pet Food Pantry relies on community support to help collect food and spread the word to pet owners in need. Sponsoring a food drive can be fun, and it’s even more fun with friends! Encourage your loved ones, employers, faith organizations, school and neighbors to participate.
These items are always in high demand at the Pet Food Pantry:
- Unopened bags of cat and dog food
- Canned cat and dog food
- Cat litter
- Flea preventative such as Advantage or Frontline
Host a Pet Food Drive: If you would like to hold a food drive, we’ve included some materials to help you market your event and make it a success! To start and promote your food drive, follow these easy steps:
- Pick your date!
- Let us know you are having a food drive and we’ll promote it on Facebook. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Feel free to use these prewritten promotional materials – emails, Facebook, and Twitter PLUS promotional flyer.
- Hold your event!
- Drop off your donation at the shelter.
Delivery and Drop-off: Please deliver your food collection to the shelter, if at all possible. (This helps us save our resources!) If you are unable to arrange a drop-off, please contact our Pantry Manager to arrange a pick up (a minimum of 48 hours’ notice is required.)
Your efforts and donations make a huge difference to the individuals, pets and families that receive food from the Pet Food Pantry.
Did you know that economic hardship accounts for 25% of the pets that are surrendered to shelters each year?
You can help pets and their owners stay together! Here’s how:
- Word of mouth! Tell your friends, family members, co-workers and neighbors about the Pet Food Pantry. You never know who is experiencing financial hardship, and it takes just one special connection to help someone in need.
- Spread the word on your neighborhood’s listserv.
- If you know of someone in need, direct them to our website so they can apply for assistance.
- Put Pet Food Pantry fliers up in churches, grocery stores and community bulletin boards. Download a flyer here.
- Share the posts below on social media to help spread the word.
- Host a Pet Food Drive
- Follow SAFE Haven for Cats on Facebook for updates about SAFE Haven for Cats, and to get more information about our periodic Pet Food Pantry donation drives and Fill-A-Truck events.
Share these Social Media Posts
- SAFE Haven’s Pet Food Pantry helps pets and their owners stay together if the family is experiencing financial difficulty. Learn how you can help: https://www.safehavenforcats.org/pfp
- SAFE Haven’s Pet Food Pantry does not just help feed hungry pets; it also helps pet owners get their animals spayed/neutered at a price they can afford. Learn more: https://www.safehavenforcats.org/pfp
- Oftentimes, people who are experiencing financial difficulty have to choose between feeding themselves, and feeding their pets. Here’s how you can help SAFE Haven’s Pet Food Pantry: https://www.safehavenforcats.org/pfp
- The Pet Food Pantry helps people who are struggling to feed their pets. Learn how it works: https://www.safehavenforcats.org/pfp
- Economic hardship accounts for 25% of the pets that are given to shelters. Learn how @safehaven4cats helps: https://www.safehavenforcats.org/pfp
- The Pet Food Pantry helps ANYONE experiencing economic difficulty feed their pets. Learn more: https://www.safehavenforcats.org/pfp
Upcoming Events There are no upcoming events at this time.