Message from Pam Miller, Founder & President:
One year ago, I wrote about SAFE Haven’s promise to the stray and abandoned animals in our community. Our commitment to this cause has been unflinching; to do everything we could to increase the lifesaving capacity in our programs. Now, just one year later and in spite of everything going on, we have accomplished the first part of our goal…thanks to you! Construction is complete and we have moved into our new 5,400 square feet of space, doubling the size of our center.
We are off and running and the benefits to the cats are numerous:
- More colony rooms in the shelter
- More and swifter adoptions (281 in 14 weeks!)
- Air handling systems designed for animals
- Spay/Neuter Clinic capacity doubled; appointment wait times cut in half
- Lower prices for spay/neuter surgeries for our community
- Sterilizing dogs of all sizes too!
But finishing construction and moving in was just the beginning. Now comes the truly hard work of sustaining our important services and expanding them even further until all the cats (and dogs too!) have homes.
I hope you will be pleased with everything you read in our annual report newsletter. None of this would be possible without you, our donors, adopters, clinic customers, rescuers, volunteers, and loyal friends.
Founder & President