Your Generosity – Fur Cat’s Sake
Our first Fur Cat’s Sake online auction was a big success, and it’s all because of YOU! We raised $10,989.46 to help our cats between auction proceeds, donations and the credit card fees you generously covered. From the bottom of our hearts, we thank you. You’re why the SAFE Haven community is the best! If you have questions about picking up your items, please email email@example.com.
Give Your Time to the Cats
Our volunteers are a big part of why we can do all that we do. It takes around 125 volunteers in 22 shifts each week to keep the cats clean and happy! So whether you’re looking for a short-term or a long-term opportunity to make a difference, we have a role for you.
- Hands-On Opportunities: Members of our Shelter Cleaning Team, Litter Box Team and Clinic Volunteers help keep the shelter and clinic clean. Volunteers in our Pet Food Pantry help us maintain this vital service for the community and distribute it to those in need. And if you’re patient and want to help, our Feline Enrichment volunteers help our cats get ready for adoption and increase their emotional comfort through socialization.
- Matchmaking Opportunities: Adoption counselors help match potential adopters with the cat or cats that would make for a happily ever after.
- Out & About Opportunities: If you love being behind the wheel, our Tabby Cabby volunteers help transport cats to SAFE Haven from local shelters or even deliver Pet Food Pantry supplies to our fellow community members. Extroverts are welcome to apply for the Event Team that helps to represent SAFE Haven at local events.
- Crafty Opportunities: Our team of Mouse Makers make the adorable catnip mice that get delivered to local clinics and batted around in our shelter!
- At-Home Opportunities: If you’re looking for an at-home commitment, fostering may be for you. Whether it’s opening your home to kittens until they’re old enough for life in the shelter or just giving adult kitties a break, fostering makes a difference!
- Board Opportunities: Our Board members help steer the direction of our program. If you’re business minded, this may be a great way to contribute! Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about board service.
Whatever you’re looking for, there’s a way for you to help SAFE Haven as a volunteer. We hope you’ll join the team! If you have questions, please email email@example.com.
Special Activities for our Youngest Volunteers
SAFE Haven offers a special reading program called Whiskers & Words for children ages 6 to 10. Reading to animals has been proven to increase a child’s reading ability by providing them with a cuddly companion who will sit with them. We have books for multiple reading levels available or you can bring your own books; the kitties enjoy them all! Whiskers & Words is offered by appointment only on Monday afternoons. A parent or guardian must be present. Consider signing up your little readers during track-out or holiday breaks! Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Work With Us
We are looking for a Volunteer Coordinator to work with the 125 very dedicated volunteers we have at SAFE Haven every week. We are looking for an outgoing person with professional nonprofit experience to join our team. Hours are 8:30 am to 2:30 pm Monday through Friday. Please email email@example.com with your resume and cover letter.
Part-time paid Cat Caretakers give our kitties the attention they need to thrive! From feeding those under our care to helping with medical treatments and overall care, our caretakers are a big part of our team and must be available on weekends. If you think this might be the role for you, email firstname.lastname@example.org for all of the details.
SHOW YOUR LOVE FOR CATS WITH A DONATION!