Message from Pam Miller, Founder & President:
Dear SAFE Haven family,
I always enjoy writing our Spring Newsletter because it gives me the opportunity to report back to you—our most cherished supporters —on our lifesaving progress for the first seven months of our fiscal year from July 1, 2021 to January 31, 2022. AND after a two year absence, I am able to talk about our fantastic, upcoming 17th Annual Tuxedo Cat Ball!
The Great News is:
- The expansion of SAFE Haven and SAFE Care (completed mid-2020) is working to save many more lives, just the way we planned.
- We are adopting nearly 100 cats per MONTH! Even more than before the pandemic. This is 22 MORE per month than prior to our expansion.
- We are spaying and neutering 425 cats and 40 dogs a MONTH in the SAFE Care low cost spay/neuter clinic. Before the expansion, this was 158 per month.
- Pet Food Pantry distributions to needy cats and dogs are up 20%.
- Volunteers are back to pre-COVID levels donating over $300K per year in service. I just counted the volunteers from last week – 121 people volunteered in the last seven days!
- The sterilization of feral cats in the SAFE Care Clinic has increased 50% (656 in the last seven months!)
But these facts are for your head. And although they are important and demonstrate our impact, the reason we all work with, volunteer for, support, and adopt from SAFE Haven is because of our hearts. Because of the love we have for animals and our desire to see them safe, well fed, warm, and loved. That is what SAFE Haven is really about—love. Thank you for expressing that love in everything you do for the kitties.
With much gratitude for you,
Founder & President